Sunday, October 23, 2005

Pictures of Failure: Incarcerated Youth

Steve Davis... Pictures of Failure: Incarcerated Youth. "...To date, the majority of my photographs have been of incarcerated teenagers. They live in institutions officially referred to as 'schools.' In fact, they are jails for juniors - full of secrets and hidden from the public's eye. I am continually struck by the simultaneous vacuity of these institutions and the intensity and passion found in the faces of its young residents. It is these faces that I ask to do the talking. There is more to read from the eyes than from the architecture. There are exceptions. The Green Hill School's Intensive Management Unit, for example, demanded my attention as the most inhumane living environment I ever witnessed." From Steve Davis Photography.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home