Monday, November 13, 2006

Works by Kyle Fokken

Works by Kyle Fokken Works by Kyle Fokken of Minneapolis, MN. "...My work is based on a love of antique toys from the late 19th and early 20th centuries as viewed from a modern perspective. We are drawn to relics that trigger memories of days gone past, both bitter and sweet. In my artwork, I fuse this nostalgia with naïve 'visionary' art. Folk art, 'visionary' and 'outsider' art are often made by people with few materials in which to make art other than industrial packaging and scrap material. I infuse this 'outsider' aesthetic into my artwork through my use of found objects and rough construction. Like these artists, I’m not a 'junk sculptor' because my focus is not on the found object itself, but on how I can use it in my work to fulfill my vision."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home