Sunday, February 07, 2010

Larry Jordan: Hamfat Asar

Larry Jordan: Hamfat Asar (1965) at UbuWeb Film & Video. "...Animation. The strangeness of this film is laced with carefully molded apocalypses as the filmmaker explores a vision of life beyond death - the Elysian fields of Homer, Dante's Purgatorio, de Chirico's stitched plain. A moving single picture.
Evolving the structure or script for the film involved a process of controlled hallucination, whereby I sat quietly without moving, looking at the background until the pieces began to move without my inventing things for them to do. I found that, given the chance, they really did have important business to attend to, and my job was to furnish them with the power of motion. I never deviated from this plan."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home