Friday, July 08, 2011

Jennifer Shaw: Hurricane Story

Jennifer Shaw: Hurricane Story at Soulcatcher Studio. "...Shaw uses plastic cameras, such as a Holga, to produce her ethereal imagery. She states, '(Plastic cameras are)...an extention of my psyche. They lend a whimsical spontaneity to the act of photographing. When I see something that moves me I just click, rather than losing the moment by fussing around with the technical adjustments of a more formal camera. I also feel like the plastic lens imparts an image that comes closer to the way we actually see with our eyes. I try to create images that transcend literal description, that provoke an emotional response to my surroundings. I hope to convey a sense of time and place that is beautiful and sensual and serene.'"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home