Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Craig Norton: Dropping Mom Off At The Old Folks Home

Craig Norton: Dropping Mom Off At The Old Folks Home at Carl Hammer Gallery in Chicago, IL. "...Hailing from St. Louis, the self-taught Norton uses his art as a call for social activism using three-dimensional depictions of the realities of war, prejudice, aging, street conflict, physical and verbal abuse, family discord, etc. Uniquely, his socially minded constructions are a combination of drawings and collages layered on top of wood cut-outs, built into complex, panoramic wall sculptures. The human figure(s) serves as the focal point of each large installation. Hands and faces, images of which are taken from newspaper stories, history books and from Norton's own picture-taking, are drawn with expressive, almost photographic realism, and the figures themselves are clothed, paper-doll like, in garments fashioned from collaged wallpaper."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there are using Wordpress for your site platform?
I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to get started and create my own.
Do you need any html coding expertise to make your own blog?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Also visit my weblog; http://atlaslm.com

4:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your style is really unique in comparison to other people I've read stuff from. I appreciate you for posting when you've got the
opportunity, Guess I'll just bookmark this web site.



Internet Money Path

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I do think this is an excellent blog. I stumbledupon it
;) I'm going to return yet again since I book marked it. Money and freedom is the greatest way to change, may you be rich and continue to guide other people.


how to get money fast ()

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I leave a response when I like a post on a blog or
I have something to contribute to the discussion. Usually
it is caused by the passion communicated in the article I browsed.
And on this post "Craig Norton: Dropping Mom Off At The Old Folks Home".
I was moved enough to drop a comment :-) I
actually do have 2 questions for you if it's okay. Could it be only me or does it look like like a few of these responses come across as if they are left by brain dead visitors? :-P And, if you are writing at other sites, I would like to keep up with you. Would you list every one of all your shared pages like your twitter feed, Facebook page or linkedin profile?



muscle building

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home